Sunday, May 18, 2008

How the economy and power rate affect my life


The economy in Northern Mariana Islands(Saipan) is in very low situation now. The people who worked in gartment factories leave to their home place, and more people going offisland. Also the decrease of tourists is another reason. The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation(CUC) had double the power rate. That may hurt many people, companies, and stores in Northern Mariana Islands.

The economy and power rate affect my life. I have to decrease the time of using computers and air conditiner. No one told me to do that, but I decided by myself. Now the bills that we pay to CUC is around 200 dollars. But for next month it's 400 dollars if we use like before. So many companies turn the air conditioner on when the customers visit them. Like my dad's company, we have to turn on the air condtioner all day. If we don't do that the machine might explode.

I think the power outage is the worst thing to students. During school days the power goes off, so sometimes the school tells students to go home. Some classes does not have window so they had to open the door inorder to get a light. And there was issue going on about no power for week. But the government bought the fuel, so were saved.

(click this if you want to read article about the power rate in Saipan now)
http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?newsID=80100&cat=1

4 comments:

luckyj16 said...

you happy now Su Jin? well just add pictures for starters.

El said...

wow, i really like your post, its true and hi do hope it all turns out well.

Devin L. said...

Your post is looking good, but it needs to be more grammatical.By the way your blog is nice!

SML =) fly high =) said...

I like your post and it is organizable.
I agree with your opinion